Interested in teaching English to orphans or migrant children in China?
Do you like kids?
Facts about Education without Barriers
Founded in August 2016, with almost 200 volunteers from 7 countries on our team, Education without Barriers (EWB) has successfully offered over 8000 hours of individualized free real-time online tutoring to over 40 special children in China to date.
EWB has about 200 volunteers from seven countries in the world, including Australia, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Spain, the U.K. and the U.S.
· You will be a member of a large, welcoming family
· You will interact with and learn from people of diverse backgrounds
EWB has offered a total of over 8000 hours of individualized free real-time online tutoring/mentoring sessions to over 40 children to date
· You will be able to connect to your student(s) regardless of geographic locations
· You will be their most important friend/mentor on their journey to high school, college and beyond
· You will be witnessing their academic and personal growth
· You will be a safe harbor for your student(s), forming strong interpersonal relationships that can last a lifetime
· You will be a part of a great cause
Join us and you will:
· Be one of the first people you know to teach orphans, migrant children, and other socially vulnerable children
· Bring hope to those who are deprived of the opportunity to unleash their full potential
· Be the change you want to see in the world
What We Expect from You
At Education Without Barriers, our volunteers push their boundaries to provide the best mentorship to their students. Join us to be a better you!
1. Teaching and Communication Skills
—An engaging teaching style
Your students are typically under the age of fifteen. Knowing how to effectively catch their attention while teaching is essential
—An inclination to care
Your students are children of socially vulnerable groups. Besides the academic knowledge you are about to teach, you should also be prepared to involve emotionally
2. A Solid Academic Background
— Although we do not have a minimum GPA requirement, please make sure you have an adequate amount of knowledge pertaining to the course(s) that you are about to teach
—If you are a native English speaker, applying to be an English tutor will be strongly encouraged. Your TA will assist you if translation is needed.
Note that you will be teaching once a week in the evening (Beijing time)
Ready to begin your application?
Please click here http://ewbcommittee.mikecrm.com/9T0ImAb
to unfold a mesmerizingly beautiful and exciting chapter of your life!
*Mandarin is not required – you will be paired with a mandarin-speaking TA！
If you have any question, please email us at email@example.com